Our server has not managed to confirm reachability for its ORPort(s)

hi i have the our server has not managed to confirm reachability for its ORPort(s)

getting this error did try port forwarding via vmware did not work after 20 mins i get it

anyone can help me please

Please kindly share the details of your virtual machine set up. Data like the guest operating system, networking configuration (bridge, NAT…) and firewall configurations may help the community to understand where the problem may be

Your ORPort is set up to use port 443, but you are using port 80 in your guest machine. You are redirecting port 433 and not 443 to your machine as well.

In yout torrc configuration file, if you don’t have a public IPv6 address, there’s no need to set up IPv4Only and AddressDisableIPv6, since no address will be able to be used. In case you still want to make sure only IPv4 is used, with IPv4Only should be enough.

Another suggestion is to not set up manual network speed negotiation. It’s better to set it to auto. In case the negotiation fails at some point and has to downgrade, you won’t be able to have internet connection, since you are forcing a negotiation not achievable at that moment.

1 Like

Is the issue solved? If not, you probable are behind a firewall (from your router) and you didn’t take care of it. Still, I wouldn’t recommend to run a relay at home. It’s better to contribute with a snowflake bridge or similar.

And by the way, there’s no need to redirect the port for UDP traffic, Tor only works on TCP.

hi still the same issue weird

Have you tried following capoles advice? If the last pictures you posted are your current config it seems like you still redirect port 443 on the host to port 80 on the guest.

1 Like

how do i change the port to redirect to 433

Remove the current rule. Then click the Add button and set the host and the guest port to 443.

No. The virtual machine port has to be 443.

like this i think is the host port all right?

Now you are redirecting port 80 on the host machine to port 443 on the virtual machine. You dont want to redirect ports, just pass them through. Create one rule with port 443 as host port AND virtual machine port.

1 Like