Why can't I install Tor Browser Nightly updates through the settings?

Hi, I have a question.
How do I install updates for Tor Browser Nightly? When I go to the settings and check for updates, it says “Failed to check for updates”. Do I have to install each and every Nightly build myself or is this an error specific to me?

EDIT:
Oh sorry, I missed that you meant TorBrowser. Please ignore what I wrote, for TorBrowser this is bullshit. Maybe installing tor-nightly will help someone anyway. /EDIT

This depends of your OS & distri. Example for Debian and derivates. Replace <DISTRIBUTION> with bullseye, bookworm, etc.

‘su -’ or sudo before the commands

nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
and add one line
deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/tor-archive-keyring.gpg] https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org tor-nightly-main-<DISTRIBUTION> main

apt update
apt list --upgradable

Pin priority for nightly is 500 and are easy to install with apt upgrade or apt full-upgrade
If not, install the version you want. EXAMPLE:

apt install tor=0.4.9.0-alpha-dev-20230831T020455Z-1~d11.bullseye+1 tor-geoipdb=0.4.9.0-alpha-dev-20230831T020455Z-1~d11.bullseye+1

or install wanted Suite should work too. See output from apt-cache policy EXAMPLE for ‘bullseye’:
apt install -t tor-nightly-main-bullseye tor tor-geoipdb

Optional
If you want to enable unattended upgrades for nightly.

nano /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades
add in section: Unattended-Upgrade::Origins-Pattern {
EXAMPLE for ‘bullseye’: see output of apt-cache policy | grep release

// Update TorProject's nightly dev packages: suite=tor-nightly-main-bullseye
        "o=TorProject,a=tor-nightly-main-bullseye,n=tor-nightly-main-bullseye";

Also recommended configure in this file that you want to receive emails from unattended upgrades:

Unattended-Upgrade::Mail "root";
Unattended-Upgrade::MailReport "on-change";

Of course, your system must be able to send mail. I use nullmailer on my servers.