Update unattended upgrades page for Debian/Ubuntu to include Ubuntu

Hello,

I was following the guide on setting up unattended-upgrade on Debian/Ubuntu: Tor Project | Debian and Ubuntu

Under “2. Edit the configuration file”, the text to paste is relevant for Debian but seemingly not for Ubuntu. So on Ubuntu 20.04, when I paste that text into the configuration file and then run sudo unattended-upgrade -d it does not run an update, although sudo apt update tells me that 1 update is available. Last few lines of sudo unattended-upgrade -d:

No packages found that can be upgraded unattended and no pending auto-removals Package dmsetup has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down. Package libdevmapper1.02.1 has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down. Package linux-firmware has a higher version available, checking if it is from an allowed origin and is not pinned down. Extracting content from /var/log/unattended-upgrades/unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log since 2022-02-14 11:07:08

Could you please update this page so that noobs like me will be able to set this up?

We will track this issue here: Update unattended upgrades page for Debian/Ubuntu to include Ubuntu (#254) · Issues · The Tor Project / Web / community · GitLab

1 Like