Unable to connect

Impossible to connect for a few days

Could someone help me?

Thank you very much

Hi, please include as many of these as possible:

• Operating System you are using
  • Tor Browser version
  • Step by step of how you got to the issue, so we can reproduce it (e.g. I opened the browser, typed a url, clicked on (i) icon, then my browser crashed)
  • (optional) A screenshot of the problem
  • The tor log

I have the same problem, on different machines. All are running Windows 10. The problem starting yesterday.

When I start the Tor Browser it simply does not connect to the Tor network.

After one minute or so it offers me to try a bridge. I select my country, but I only get an error message:
Component returned failure code: 0x804b000d (NS_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) [nsIScriptableInputStream.available]

When I look into the log it is empty. Absolutely nothing there.

Tor Browser Version is 12.5.6

Have you tried this?

1 Like

Thank you very much, that worked.

Just a note for users who do not have admin rights and therefore cannot unquarantine the browser themselves:
After a defender update a reinstallation of TorBrowser alone did not work for me when it was made to the same directory as the previous TorBrowser installation - then TorBrowser stayed quarantined.

Hi
In the very simplest, plain non IT savvy English, perhaps someone can explain to me how to recover Tor Browser, currently will not connect and tried everything. Bridges, remove and redownload app, etc. Can not follow the instruction regarding command prompt, or Microsoft. Operating system windows 10. The browser worked 2 days ago but now doesn’t.

In non tech English:

Some people do not like that I post this back out to a fix which does not work.

Thanks, just checking though, I don’t have additional anti-virus, just Windows defender. At the moment I don’t have access at all to Tor browser, as it doesn’t launch, so will not be getting any update notices. I haven’t noticed any error messages or notifications that the browser has specifically been blocked by the computer’s security.

Just download the new version. The problem with MS has been fixed v 12.5.6 does not get flagged any more. There never was a problem with Tor.

My back-out copy to USB takes about 60 seconds.