[tor-relays] Relay reboots every 15 minutes

Starting about a week or so the number of connections raised rapidly to 18000+ and since then my middle relay reboots every 15 minutes. Lowering the relaybandwidth to a few MBytes partly solved these reboots. Before these unplanned reboots the relay has run for months at 20 - 40 MBytes traffic without issues.
The number of connections now is around 11000 per relay.
How can I prevent these reboots?

Checking the available memory of my 2 GBytes server with Linux commend: free -m the relay runs out of memory after rebooting within a few minutes while the connections raise to the now usual 10600 connections. A few minutes the available memory is about 90 MBytes and then the relay reboots.
It has been running fine for months without this memory problem. My Raspberry Pi relay with 4 GB of RAM relay does not seem to have this problem.

ยทยทยท

Op 15-01-2024 11:14 CET schreef torserver torserver@xs4all.nl:

Starting about a week or so the number of connections raised rapidly to 18000+ and since then my middle relay reboots every 15 minutes. Lowering the relaybandwidth to a few MBytes partly solved these reboots. Before these unplanned reboots the relay has run for months at 20 - 40 MBytes traffic without issues.
The number of connections now is around 11000 per relay.
How can I prevent these reboots?

tor-relays mailing list
tor-relays@lists.torproject.org
tor-relays Info Page