This is my monthly status report for February 2023 with the main activities I
have done during the period.
## 0. Research
* Joined Network Team's Onion Service Working Group, which is aimed at
improving the current technology.
I'm joining as someone who's more at the operational side of things and
that's interested in a range of usability topics, from enhanced
deployment/monitoring tools to certificates and service discovery.
## 1. Development
* Internal security policy work for the Onion Support Group and the Community
Such work might in the future be another step towards the broader security
policies work at Tor, which is detailed at
TPA-RFC-18: Tor security policy (#41) · Issues · The Tor Project / Organization · GitLab
## 2. Support
* Ongoing Sponsor 123 deployments, monitoring and maintenance.
* Custom support for Onion Service deployment.
This is being an interesting experiment about setting up an Onion Service for
an organization without dedicated IT staff, requiring a setup with minimum
## 3. Organization
* Detailed planning on my workload allocation and activity scenarios, split
between research, development and support.
This is helping me to figure out how my time can be split between different
teams, initiatives, sponsors etc and also reduce the number of
daily/weekly/monthly context changes.