[tor-project] PieroV's Monthly Status Report, November 2023

Hi everyone!
Here is my status report for November 2023.

During most of the month, I've worked on experimenting with porting the tor integration refactors I wrote last Summer and the connection assist to Android.
In particular, I experimented with the plumbing mechanisms between our JS code and the Java code of the Android parts of Firefox Android.
I've had promising results, and I've opened a MR [0] to merge them to our main codebase, even though they will be initially gated in the nightly channel.

On the second week of November, at Tor, we had a hack week about writing documentation. My proposal [1] was to create a graphical visualization of the dependencies between the various projects in tor-browser-build and to add a readme file to each project.
I also contributed to some wiki pages created by other members of the applications team.

In addition to that, I worked on smaller issues, such as enabling portable mode for the DLL blocklist [2], updating our build containers to Debian bookworm [3], fixing a warning on our .dmgs [4], rebasing our alphas to Firefox 115.5.0esr and more.

Finally, I realized I'd written a few scripts on several occasions, and I scattered them through various GitLab comments. Therefore, I gathered them in a personal repository [5]. They're not refined, but maybe some might be useful again in the future.

Cheers,
Pier

[0] Draft: Bug 42247: Add some Android facilities to use TorProvider also there (!852) ยท Merge requests ยท The Tor Project / Applications / Tor Browser ยท GitLab
[1] tor-browser-build project survey (#25) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Community / Hackweek ยท GitLab
[2] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/42163
[3] Switch from bullseye to bookworm for desktop platforms (#41016) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build ยท GitLab
[4] Opening MacOS dmg file is causing a warning, since 13.0 (#41020) ยท Issues ยท The Tor Project / Applications / tor-browser-build ยท GitLab
[5] Pier Angelo Vendrame / Lazy Scripts ยท GitLab

ยทยทยท

1 Like