Hi! It is time for my October-2023 report!
In October, I resolved 1059 tickets (WOW!):
- Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 505
- RT (frontdesk@tpo) - 526
- WhatsApp (+447421000612) - 20
- Signal (+17787431312) - 8
This month the majority of users needed help with:
- Russian speaking users to obtain bridges and using them correctly
- Tor Browser getting flag by Windows defender and other antivirus
- How to use new WebTunnel bridges and where to get them
- How to use snowflake on different Tor powered apps
At the beginning of October, there was an issue with Windows Defender flagging Tor Browser as a virus, which led to a giant wave of Tor users asking us how to fix their Tor Browser.
With @ebanam, we had a quarterly user support template review and updated several templates to reflect changes in the latest Tor Browser version.
This month, because of the activists’ detention in Kazakhstan in an attempt to prevent unrest on Republic Day (25 October), some users reached us to express their concerns and get instructions on how to use the Tor Browser in case of the internet shutdown. Tor Comms team re-published instructions for users in Kazakhstan on how to download Tor powered apps.
Other bugs: Tor users reported an issue with Telegram GetTor Bot <https://t.me/gettor_bot> that wasn’t distributing Tor Browser Windows version. I also submitted a bug with Tor Browser not working for the users with Windows 7 .