Here are our meeting logs:
and the meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday October 28th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Announcements ==
== Discussion ==
snowflake v2 library
last chance to make changes to the API before increasing the major
look at particularly the proxy, client, and server libraries and
comment on the ticket if there are changes you'd like to see
scheduling reboot/migration of snowflake VPS
dcf plans to do it early 2021-10-31 UTC
change in proxy NAT types?
may be a problem with probetest
was a past instance of probetest using a lot of CPU
probetest is using 100% CPU at the moment too
ticket to diagnose the problem with probetest:
ticket to install an alert for NAT assignment:
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
proposal for a logging interface in the PT API, somewhat relevant to
the discussion about STATUS from
proposed EVENT message, this is actually an earlier version of what
became STATUS in Tor's pt-spec
== Reading group ==
We will discuss "Measuring QQMail's automated email censorship in
China" on 2021-11-21
Questions to ask and goals to have:
What aspects of the paper are questionable?
Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others
will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2021-10-28
- debugged bridgestrap issues
- closed bridgestrap#7 because it could no longer be reproduced
- code reviews
- grant planning
- finished changes to snowflake proxy library (snowflake!60)
- read performance paper for reading group
- more work on snowflake performance measurments
- automate blocking detection for rotating IP bridges
- finish up snowflake library changes for v2 (snowflake#40063)
- more snowflake performance work (snowflake#40026)
Needs help with:
- any thoughts on snowflake v2 library
- Migrate to v3 of the webextension manifest
- Maybe get back to snowflake-webext #10
- Write up the pitch for our use case for supporting creating
PeerConnections in background service workers
- reboot snowflake VPSes
-Off due to final exams
-Work on bridgebox for rdsys
-More research on httpt #4
- Submitted MR for bridgestrap issue #14
- Finish bridgestrap #14
- Find new issue to work on
- Worked on
re: utls for broker negotiation
- Had conversation with someone about upstream utls http round
tripper feat: sketch out utls http.RoundTripper by bassosimone · Pull Request #74 · refraction-networking/utls · GitHub
- Too busy with work
- _Really_ want to get a PR for utls round tripper
- merge rdsys honour operators distribution choice (rdsys!39)
- fixes on snowflake proxy docker image (docker-snowflake-proxy!2)
- digg into bridgedb bridge storage to replace it by rdsys
- review snowflakes lib fixes (snowflake!60)
- make bridgedb a rdsys distributor (bridgedb#40031)
- improve bridgestrap manage of the cache (bridgestrap#27)
tor-project mailing list