Here are our meeting logs:
and our meeting pad:
Anti-censorship work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday November 11th 16:00 UTC
Weekly meetings, every Thursday at 16:00 UTC, in #tor-meeting at OFTC (channel is logged while meetings are in progress)
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Announcements ==
we will be posting monthly reports on the new discourse forum
== Discussion ==
Staging and deployments of rdsys/BridgeDB
there are a lot of big changes coming to our deployment of BridgeDB, we want to make sure it's thoroughly tested in a production environment
polyanthum (the machine that hosts BridgeDB) is sort of a mess right now
decision to talk to sysadmin team about container-based deployment solutions
Blocking of shadowsocks in China
blocking happens by port
we should check whether our bridges are being blocked by port instead of by IP like we assumed
if so we might be able to simply change bridge ports instead of IPs for our rotating bridge idea
== Actions ==
== Interesting links ==
Workshop on NLP for Internet Freedom (NLP4IF)
== Reading group ==
We will discuss "Measuring QQMail's automated email censorship in China" on 2021-11-11
Questions to ask and goals to have:
What aspects of the paper are questionable?
Are there immediate actions we can take based on this work?
Are there long-term actions we can take based on this work?
Is there future work that we want to call out, in hopes that others will pick it up?
== Updates ==
- What you worked on this week.
- What you are planning to work on next week.
- Something you need help with.
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2021-11-11
- updated snowflake docker image on Dockerhub
- looked into policy updates for addons (snowflake-webext#34)
- prep for SOTO
- onboarding tasks
- bumped snowflake library version
- more work on snowflake + shadow simulations
- onboarding tasks
- automate blocking detection for rotating IP bridges (censorship-analysis#40020)
- more snowflake performance work (snowflake#40026)
- post monthly report on new forum + mailing list
Needs help with:
- Migrate to v3 of the webextension manifest
- Maybe get back to snowflake-webext #10
- Write up the pitch for our use case for supporting creating PeerConnections in background service workers Create RTCPeerConnections in workers · Issue #77 · w3c/webrtc-extensions · GitHub
dcf: 2021-11-10 (will be absent 2021-11-11)
- posted graphs of users in Turkmenistan [Turkmenistan] Number of directly connecting users is going down (#40030) · Issues · The Tor Project / Community / Support · GitLab
-Adjust BridgeDB Patch to Gitlab
-Start with rdsys issue#40 (twitter gettor distributor)
- Submitted MR for bridgestrap issue #14
- Finish bridgestrap #14
- Find new issue to work on
- Worked on uTLS for broker negotiation (#40054) · Issues · The Tor Project / Anti-censorship / Pluggable Transports / Snowflake · GitLab re: utls for broker negotiation
- Had conversation with someone about upstream utls http round tripper feat: sketch out utls http.RoundTripper by bassosimone · Pull Request #74 · refraction-networking/utls · GitHub
- Too busy with work
- _Really_ want to get a PR for utls round tripper
- local testing and final fixes bridgedb using rdsys (bridgedb!23)
- many rdsys fixes on how bridge authority files are used (rdsys!17)
- review snowflake periodic nat check (snowflake!62)
- mentoring a new contributor for BridgeDB (bridgedb#40030)
- snowflake proxy docker test in rpi (docker-snowflake-proxy#2)
- Improve bridgedb email for people who type their bridges (bridgedb#40028
- improve bridgestrap manage of the cache (bridgestrap#27)
- [Merge Request] Add S3 backend support for gettor updater (rdsys!18)
- [Merge Request] Periodic NAT Type Measurement Support (snowflake!62)
- [Discussion] Add callbacks in the client for key events during snowflake connections (snowflake#40076)
- [Discussion] Nondetermterisic Unit Testing Result Created by TestImapExistingInbox (snowflake#68)
- [Discussion] Is there a better moat/snowflake SNI than cdn.sstatic.net? (rdsys#40068)
- Add Google backend support for gettor updater
tor-project mailing list
tor-project Info Page