Tor Browser has a bug in version 12.5.2 that displays exceptions

After upgrading my tor browser to version 12.5.2, it is experiencing a display anomaly bug. this bug is specifically manifested by the left and right sides of the software and the bottom not being able to content properly. I now need to know what I can do to fix this problem.

This display exception bug is affecting me greatly and I need to know how to fix it.

Hi, this isn’t a bug, it’s a feature called letterboxing. It’s been there since TorBrowser 9.0. It is meant to prevent fingerprinting, by making the size of you screen fall into large buckets instead of exact values.

3 Likes

@trinity-1686a So how do I turn this off, or how do I customize the size of letterboxing?

it is possible to turn it off by going to about:config, and setting privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing to false. Keep it mind it means you’ll look different from most users of TorBrowser from the point of view of websites you visit, and they may be able to infer you are the same person across sessions.

@trinity-1686a I can’t open the address “about:configprivacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing”.

Open about:config, click on the blue button (should be something like 接受风险并继续 for you).

Then type privacy.resistFingerprinting.letterboxing in the input field, and click the double arrow button so it says “false” instead of “true”

1 Like

@trinity-1686a Thanks, you’ve been a great help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.