- Update Tor Browser to 12.5.2.
- This section will be updated soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!
For more details, read our changelog.
See the list of long-standing issues.
- Automatic upgrades are available from Tails 5.0 or later to 5.16.You can reduce the size of the download of future automatic upgrades by doing a manual upgrade to the latest version.
- If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if Tails fails to start after an automatic upgrade, please try to do a manual upgrade.
Follow our installation instructions:
- Install from Windows
- Install from macOS
- Install from Linux
- Install from Debian or Ubuntu using the command line and GnuPG
The Persistent Storage on the USB stick will be lost if you install instead of upgrading.
If you don’t need installation or upgrade instructions, you can download Tails 5.16 directly:
tails (5.16) unstable; urgency=medium
Upgrade to Thunderbird 1:102.14.0-1~deb11u1
Upgrade to Linux 6.1.38-2
Upgrade to Tor Browser 12.5.2 (Firefox 102.14) (tails/tails!1207)
- Upgrade to Tor Browser 12.5.2 (Firefox 102.14) (tails/tails#19889)
- Fetch Tor Browser from our own archive
- Upgrade Tor Browser to 12.5.2
Install amd64-microcode from Debian security (tails/tails!1204)
- Upgrade to Linux 6.1.38 and amd64-microcode 3.20230719.1 (tails/tails#19888)
- Install amd64-microcode from Debian security
Test suite: ensure tails-debugging-info does not crash (tails/tails!1206)
- Automated tests for Whisperback (tails/tails#19881)
- Remove obsolete justification
- Update comment
- Stop installing inotify-tools
- Drop obsolete /run/tordate
- WhisperBack: move huge “lsusb --verbose” below info that’s more often used
- Test suite: ensure tails-debugging-info does not crash
Test suite: ignore exception if LAN web server is kill():ed before we wait()
- Test suite: ignore exception if LAN web server is kill():ed before we wait()
onion-grater: make my_circuits() handle unattached streams correctly
- Compare to None with identity, not equality
- onion-grater: make my_circuits() handle unattached streams correctly
Turn off capitalization to make passphrase suggestion easier to type.
- Turn off capitalization to make passphrase suggestion easier to type.
Doc updates for 5.15 (tails/tails!1194)
- More robust UDF signing (tails/tails#19665)
- Re-add anchor
- UDFs signature check
- variables, not constants!
- less bogus usages of cat
- login cmdline option useful in testing again
- more usages for automailer
- fix rc/final check
- automatic manual testing email
- automailer supports attachments
- kernel cmdline options make instructions simpler
- black reformatting
- automailer: set default in configuration file
- more automailer
- clarify what’s inside the “If” statement
- Update PO files takes longer than you think
- let’s remove useless sections early
- more automailer
- tbb upgrade: clarify norm vs exception
- tbb upgrade: chdir in subshell
- tbb upgrade: add ma1 repository
– Tails developers firstname.lastname@example.org Sun, 06 Aug 2023 10:32:57 +0000