Saved passwords gone after upgrade to Tor browser 13.0

I just updated to Tor browser 13.0 and all my saved logins are gone. I’m running on Fedora 38. What can I do to restore them?

Hi, I just upgraded from 12.6.x to 13.0 and am not seeing any change to my stored passwords. I did notice that the first few attempts to upgrade failed with the failback offer to download and install the latest version. I opted not to do that and eventually TB upgrade was successful. I’m wondering if perhaps you inadvertently installed the latest version (13.0) over your existing version (12.6.x) ? I’m not sure if that would result in a new profile being created or a complete overwrite of …/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Browser/.mozilla/ ; maybe others could comment?

I still have the same bookmarks after the upgrade, so I don’t think a new profile was created.

Same thing happened to me, I also can’t save any new ones.

Hi, please follow the steps below

1. Copy and paste: about:config into the URL bar, click “Accept the risk and continue”.
  2. Set security.nocertdb to false
  3. Restart Tor Browser
  4. Your passwords will be available again
3 Likes

Thanks, worked for me. I had to restart Tor Browser after setting it to false for it to take effect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.