No bookmark option in newtab: Android

This is just a very minor inconvenience:

• Operating System you are using:
    Graphene OS
  • Tor Browser version:
    102.2.1 Release (12.0.7) 2023-07-02
  • Tor Browser Security Level:
    Standard
  • Step by step of how you got to the issue, so we can reproduce it (e.g. I opened the browser, typed a url, clicked on (i) icon, then my browser crashed):
    Open browser. Connect to a website. Open a new (second or more) tab either from the three vertical dots menu button in the bottom left corner popup options or by going to the thumbnail view of open tabs and touching the ‘+ private’ button.
    A duckduckgo search bar opens and you can type into it but the three vertical dots menu is not there so there’s no way to ask for a bookmarked entry. You have to type something (anything) in then go to that site and once that has started to load you can now see the three vertical dots menu button and redirect your search to the bookmark you wanted in the first place.
  • (optional) A screenshot of the problem
  • The Tor log:
    unknown

It would just be easier if you could open a new tab and immediately go to a bookmark from the bookmarks menu rather than having to know the precise name of the site.

Hi @code9n! It sounds like the issue you’re describing is that you can’t access the application menu (︙) when the address bar is in focus, which happens automatically when you open a new tab.

This isn’t unique to Tor Browser and Firefox works the same way too, so the best place to direct feedback about this issue would be upstream to Firefox’s developers. In the meantime, here are a couple of workarounds you can try:

• After opening a new tab, if you tap outside of the address bar the application menu should reappear.
  • Alternatively, instead of opening a new tab first, navigate to the bookmarks menu and select “Open in a new tab” on your chosen bookmark.
2 Likes

Thanks. . . .

Tried that first one - it’s an instinctive thing to do - doesn’t work, unfortunately.
The second one, yeah, I guess you can predict you’re going to need your bookmarks and prepare. Good idea.

Thanks again,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.