by boklm | December 14, 2021
This is the first alpha version in the 11.5 series. This version updates Firefox to 91.4.0esr, which includes important security updates.
We are also fixing some of the known issues that were introduced with Tor Browser 11.0. In particular, this release should fix the crashes a lot of our Windows users have been seeing.
Note: A new PGP subkey was used for signing this release. You may need to refresh your keychain from keys.openpgp.org to get the updated key.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 11.0a10 is:
- Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Firefox to 91.4.0esr
- Tor Launcher 0.2.32
- Bug 40059: YEC activist sign empty in about:tor on RTL locales
- Bug 40386: Add new default obfs4 bridge "deusexmachina"
- Bug 40393: Point to a forked version of pion/dtls with fingerprinting fix
- Bug 40394: Bump version of Snowflake to 221f1c41
- Bug 40438: Add Blockchair as a search engine
- Bug 40646: Revert tor-browser#40475 and inherit upstream fix
- Bug 40680: Prepare update to localized assets for YEC
- Bug 40682: Disable network.proxy.allow_bypass
- Bug 40684: Misc UI bug fixes in 11.0a10
- Bug 40686: Update Onboarding link for 11.0
- Bug 40689: Change Blockchair Search provider's HTTP method
- Bug 40690: Browser chrome breaks when private browsing mode is turned off
- Bug 40691: Make quickstart checkbox gray when "off" on about:torconnect
- Bug 40698: Addon menus missing content in TB11
- Bug 40700: Switch Firefox recommendations off by default
- Bug 40705: "visit our website" link on about:tbupdate pointing to different locations
- Bug 40706: Fix issue in HTTPS-Everywhere WASM
- Bug 40714: Next button closes "How do circuits work?" onboarding tour
- Bug 40718: Application Menu items should be sentence case
- Bug 40721: Tabs crashing on certain pages in TB11 on Win 10
- Bug 40725: about:torconnect missing identity block content on TB11
- Translations update
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-115a1/