How to use static IP on Tor to avoid getting banned from certain accounts?

There are certain website where repeatedly logging into the same account from different countries or IPs, or registering from IPs with history of misuse, will get you flagged or banned.

This becomes a problem with Tor in cases where maintaining a pseudonymous identity over time is preferable over complete anonymity.

Is there a way to configure Tor browser to go through a proxy after the exit node, or any other way to maintain a static IP, or a similar solution?

I thought of using just a proxy or VPN, but I would like anonymity on both sides. In other words I don’t want my ISP logging the IP of the VPN/proxy, and the website I make an account on be logging the same IP. This is my understanding of what happens in the case of using a VPN/proxy. Whereas with Tor I’m protected on both sides. My knowledge on these things is limited so if I’m misunderstanding something here please let me know.

prefer solution for windows

1 Like

Some proxy clients (for example, Proxifier) allows to configure proxy chains.
So you can configure 1st proxy as 127.0.0.1:9050 (or 9150) and find 2nd proxy somewhere on the Internet.
However it is not easy to find good quality 2nd proxy.

sorry why specifically that 1st proxy?

This is where Tor SOCKS proxy can be accessed.
127.0.0.1 means localhost address (your computer).
9050 is proxy port (SOCKSPort) for Tor service and 9150 is proxy port for Tor from Tor Browser.

thank you. i tried doing this and repeatedly failed. i got proxifier, but even before attempting the chain I would fail to connect to the tor service… I set up the proxy on proxifier as 127.0.0.1 port 9150, type socks5, then set up proxifier to only pass the Tor Browser traffic through it. But whenever I open Tor Browser it would never connect. I also tried doing the same thing but also putting the proxy information in the Tor browser settings. same results.
I would get “Proxy server cannot establish a connection with the target - general SOCKS server failure.”

any ideas?i am on Windows

If you pass Tor Browser traffic through Proxifier, Tor Browser will try to establish Tor connection via Tor, this is not what you need.
I don’t know how to make proxy chains work with Tor Browser, I made it work with other browsers and plain Tor service.
You may need Tor Browser to launch Tor on 9150 port however.

Do you mean that port 9150 or 9050 make no answers to your requests?
My version of Proxifier comes with ProxyChecker.exe, you can test localhost Tor proxy with it.

Do you mean that port 9150 or 9050 make no answers to your requests?

testing 127.0.0.1:9150 passes fine. i get

[39:45] Testing Started.
	Proxy Server
	Address:	127.0.0.1:9150
	Protocol:	SOCKS 5
	Authentication: NO

[39:45] Starting: Test 1: Connection to the Proxy Server
[39:45] IP Address: 127.0.0.1
[39:45] Connection established
[39:45] Test passed.
[39:45] Starting: Test 2: Connection through the Proxy Server
[39:45] Authentication was successful.
[39:46] Connection to www.google.com:80 established through the proxy server.
[39:46] A default web page was successfuly loaded.
[39:46] Test passed.
[39:46] Starting: Test 3: Proxy Server latency
[39:46] Latency < 0 ms
[39:46] Test passed.
[39:46] Testing Finished.

For 9050 fails. I get:

[36:22] Testing Started.
	Proxy Server
	Address:	127.0.0.1:9050
	Protocol:	SOCKS 5
	Authentication: NO

[36:22] Starting: Test 1: Connection to the Proxy Server
[36:22] IP Address: 127.0.0.1
[36:24] Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:9050
	No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it.
	Check your network connection and make sure that the proxy server address and port are correct.
	Also the error may indicate that the proxy server is down.
[36:24] Test failed.
[36:24] Testing Finished.

If you pass Tor Browser traffic through Proxifier, Tor Browser will try to establish Tor connection via Tor, this is not what you need.

ok. this is what i was trying. it seems more challenging because of this.

I don’t know how to make proxy chains work with Tor Browser, I made it work with other browsers and plain Tor service.

can you recommend another browser for using this way then? with browser > tor > proxy? I was trying with tor browser because seems best for privacy but abstracts away much of my concerns. i wouldn’t exactly know what was missing from another browser. am i okay as long as blocking javascript, and check my IP and DNS leaks?

I was using chain configuration for censorship circumvention, so any browser was fine for me. That’s why I did not learned how to make my experience close to one provided by Tor Browser.
I heard that Tor developers participated in creation of Mullvad Browser, may sense to try it maybe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.