Endless refresh loop on WhatsApp webpage

Hello there!

I am Gamma and this is my first post on this forum. I have a problem with WhatsApp web page.

I visit https://web.whatsapp.com/ and the page show a QR code as expected. When I scan the code with my mobile the webpage goes into an endless refresh loop. The hourglass on the tab keeps flickering. I can’t stop the refresh, nor can I navigate away. The tab becomes useless and have to close it.

It seems I have some incorrect setting. Any idea how to obtain correct response?

My details are :

1. Tor browser version : 11.0.9 (based on Mozilla Firefox 91.7.0esr) (64-bit)
  2. Tor browser security level : Standard
  3. OS : Windows 10 Enterprise
  4. Tor command line :
    “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Tor\tor.exe” --defaults-torrc “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torrc-defaults” -f “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torrc” DataDirectory “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor” ClientOnionAuthDir “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\onion-auth” GeoIPFile “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip” GeoIPv6File “C:\Users<username>\tor\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\geoip6” HashedControlPassword 16: +__ControlPort 9151 +__SocksPort “127.0.0.1:9150 ExtendedErrors IPv6Traffic PreferIPv6 KeepAliveIsolateSOCKSAuth” __OwningControllerProcess 12940 DisableNetwork 1

Thank you!
-Gamma

The WhatsApp web portal requires Fingerprinting,
“Fingerprinting is a type of online tracking that’s more invasive than ordinary cookie-based tracking. A digital fingerprint is created when a company makes a unique profile of you based on your computer hardware, software, add-ons, and even preferences. Your settings like the screen you use, the fonts installed on your computer, and even your choice of a web browser can all be used to create a fingerprint.”

Therefore, Fingerprinting is not enabled in the Tor Browser.

2 Likes

Thank you for enlightening me ! :slight_smile:
-Gamma

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.