Difficulty Accessing Tor Network - "Connection Timed Out" Error

Hello everyone,

I’ve been encountering an issue while attempting to access the Tor network using the Tor Browser. Whenever I launch the browser and try to establish a connection, I consistently receive a “Connection Timed Out” error message.

Here are some details about my setup and troubleshooting steps I’ve taken so far:

1. Tor Browser Version: I’m using the latest version of the Tor Browser available for my operating system (Windows/macOS/Linux).
  2. Network Configuration: I’ve tried accessing the Tor network from different networks, including my home Wi-Fi, public Wi-Fi hotspots, and via mobile data, but I still encounter the same error.
  3. Firewall and Antivirus: I’ve temporarily disabled any firewall or antivirus software to rule out any potential interference with the connection to the Tor network, but the issue persists.
  4. Bridge Configuration: I’ve attempted to configure bridges in the Tor Browser settings to bypass any network restrictions, but even with bridges enabled, I still encounter the “Connection Timed Out” error.
  5. Restarting Tor Browser: I’ve also tried restarting the Tor Browser and my computer multiple times, but the problem persists consistently.

Despite these efforts, I’m still unable to establish a connection to the Tor network. Could someone please provide guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue further? Are there any additional steps I can take to diagnose the cause of the connection timeout error? :slightly_smiling_face: :expressionless:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Did you check syslog or Tor logs?

Find the torrc file (or torrc) and look for the line ‘‘Log …’’.
It shows if the log goes to syslog or a file. And it shows the current verbosity level ‘‘notice’’ that can be lifted to ‘‘info’’. Simply overwrite notice with info. Restart TBB and check the log file. Switch back to notice or warn once you are done.