Can't play videos using Tor Browser

I can’t seem to get video playback to work using Tor Browser. Trying to play a normal video typically results in errors such as “No video with supported format and MIME type found”. I also can’t play videos in Mullvad Browser, either, encountering the same errors as that with Tor Browser when attempting to play videos. However, video playback does work for Firefox 150, installed through my distro’s package repository.

I have the latest stable Tor Browser (version 15.0.11 as of the time of writing), and I have checked that the security level is set to Standard. Can anyone help?

Curious what operating system you are using. I have the same issue with Ubuntu but not on Linux Mint. All other apps play videos fine. I downloaded the support document from Mint and Ubuntu and Ubuntu made much more changes to the document. Just assuming that is the problem. On Ubuntu using Brave with Tor it works fine so has to be their changes.

I’m facing the same problem, the only difference is that I’m using Arch Linux and the package is from the official repositories.

— It appears to be a bug that only occurs on Linux systems. :penguin: :bug:


@cantplayvideo @Dennis

That …

On Windows …

Tor Browser played few videos , then …

Tor Browser can’t play videos …

.