Can't login Tor forum (both .net and .org) using email/password

Hello,

I can’t login using using email/password, but it works OK if use username/password. This happened on the old .net forum (tried 2023-06-14), and this self-hosted forum.

Does anyone else have a problem, or know what’s going on?

Thanks,

I can’t login using using email/password, but it works OK if use username/password.

In the title you wrote you have problems with username, it could be helpful if you clarified where you actually had issues.

Does anyone else have a problem, or know what’s going on?

In fact, recently I was logged out and when I tried to login with my username I received a message about an unknown error, don’t know why. I could log in from the onion domain.
Anyway, at the moment I can login with both username an email from both .org and onion.

1 Like

In the title

Sorry, about that. Corrected. I am having problem with logging in with email/password, but not username/password.

I can’t use the email to login, either via password or “email me the link” option. For emailing me the link option, I don’t get an email at all. I checked the email in the account and it’s the right one. If I put in my username and “email me the link”, I get an email via that address.

OK. Since it was working for you, I tried adding another email, which then allowed me to log in with both emails and the username. I guess this solved the problem for me, for whatever reason.

Eldalie, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.