I can't start Tor browser on Linux

I downloaded tor browser just fine, but when I try to execute start-tor-browser.desktop it just says impossible to execute start-tor-browser.desktop file desktop non valid what do I do ?

1 Like

You might start by saying what flavour and version of Linux are you using. When I experimented this with a version I have, it gave me about the same but with the option to edit or run. I then choose run.

You will need Linux guys to answer this.

1 Like

Use these instructions:

Maybe one of these points can help you…

Change permissions: Make sure the start-tor-browser.desktop file has executable permissions. You can do this by right-clicking the file, selecting Properties, and then changing the permission to run the file as a program.

Change command: Try changing the command. Instead of using ./start-tor-browser.desktop, try ./start-tor-browser. Note that you must run this command in the browser directory.

Install missing libraries: If the problem persists, it could be due to missing libraries. In some cases, the error libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory may occur. You can try installing this library.

For more, take a look here:

2 Likes