How to launch a Tor proxy server?

I checked that port-chk service can connect to it - it was enough for me.

Can you make pings other way - from host to guest?

Of course it’s a sign of problem.
You don’t need VM for such test by the way.

It is hard to understand what is happening here because of bridged settings.
But looks like server sees requests, but do nothing with them (or maybe returning ICMP errors in response).

Like I said earlier: try disabling iptables and look if it will help.
I googled what else can help and found that 1. it is possible to export all rules (iptables-save), useful in case if you want to remove or add rules one by one and want to have backup. 2. it is possible to enable logging for iptables. but because of description of this mechanism I suspect that instead of answers it will produce only even more questions.
Also you may not think about Tor yet - try to make pings work correctly first of all.